An experiment in reinterpretation. I asked for random prompts and made pulp-style covers for the phrases I was given.
I’ve been fortunate enough to have a brewery open so close to my living residence. It was only a matter time before I found a way to work for them.
As I’ve work for several years, I’ve been blessed to work on and develop an eclectic style of labels for canned and bottle product.
Playing around in the label space has been an education in layout, file organization, and communicating with vendors. In the hustle and bustle of brewing, timelines can drag and accelerate all the time, and it’s given me experience honing my workable templates so that I can get to thumbnailing ideas quicker and worry less about spacing and placement of recurring elements.
During my time with Marvel, much of my time was dedicated to processing newer acquisitions. Primarily when Disney acquired the rights to Star Wars, we had to make sure thousands of books were up-to-snuff for release on our digital platform, Marvel Unlimited.
One of the benefits of working with comics is making the covers. In this case, I got to build around our existing English covers for translated editions.